Becoming a Member
Temple Shir Tikva is a Reform Jewish synagogue that serves the Metrowest Boston area. We strive to offer the best in education programming from Religious School to Youth Community to Adult Education and Torah study. We have active Tikkun Olam initiatives and joyful social and cultural activities for the whole family.This is the place to carve out meaningful relationships in a hectic suburban world.
Shir Tikva now offers reduced membership dues for young families, seniors, singles, and one year free membership for adults under 32 years of age. Please contact our office for more information email@example.com.
If you are considering joining a temple we welcome your inquiries and invite you to experience the joy of our Simchat Shabbat, Friday night service; the tradition of our early Shacharit, Saturday morning service and Torah study; and the achievement of our Bar and Bat Mitzvah students at our late Shacharit Saturday morning service. At any service you will see the pride we take in our music, our studies and our family celebrations. You will have the opportunity to meet both long term and new members who cherish this community and look to it as a source of friendship, Jewish learning of the highest quality and variety, and social action engagement.
Once you join Shir Tikva you will find within its doors a spiritual home and an opportunity to add meaning to your life and to those of others. We offer pathways to engagement for every member, from preschoolers to seniors, no matter what your background and experience. We are proudly affiliated with the Union of Reform Judaism, and our members come from a wide range of backgrounds from all over Metrowest Boston including the towns of Wayland, Sudbury, Weston, Natick, Framingham, Lincoln and Concord and beyond to Boston. We welcome interfaith couples and families, singles, and LGBT members.
Some of the many benefits of belonging to Temple Shir Tikva:
- Life Cycle celebrations to express delight in naming a baby, in your home or at the temple (for non-members, too); Bar and Bat Mitzvah study and celebration for children coming of age and for adults; weddings; community support and grief counseling in the event of illness or death in the family
- Young Family bonding through special get togethers for families with young children
- Religious School and Youth Community designed and time tested by award winning educators offering formal and informal curriculum and social activities
- Community celebrations made all the more joyous with bountiful celebratory foods on Jewish holidays such as Simchat Torah, Sukkot, Chanukah, and Purim
- Adult study in depth or casual; your choice to fit your schedule
- Volunteer opportunities for social action projects
- Volunteer committee participation using your talents to bring even more strength to the community
- Social breakfasts and evenings to see old friends and make new ones right here in Metrowest (free parking!)
- High Holy Day tickets
- TST Member Ambassador Program to connect new members to another temple family
Whatever your considerations in joining a temple, please call the Temple office to speak with our friendly and knowledgeable staff. For informaiton about dues abatement http://www.shirtikva.org/events-resources/abatement-request. or click here. The phone number is: 508-358-9992. Be in touch!
We look forward to hearing from you.